Sunday, January 06, 2013

Tribute To PoPo

My Grandmother was a great mother to her 5 sons, and a fantastic grandmother to her 10 grandchildren. She was a lady who puts everyone before herself, especially when it comes to feeding us.

I will always remember the months when Dada and herself stayed with us, and I shared my room with her.

I will always remember how worried I felt whenever I crawled into bed for fear of waking her up.

I will always remember the sound of her soft snores as she slept soundly beside me.

Not everybody has the chance to share a room (much less a bed) with their grandparents, so I am very glad that I had that opportunity.

On 21 December 2012, Popo was called home to be with The Lord, to be with Dada and also to be with her eldest son for eternity. To be honest, I am happy for her that she no longer has to suffer. The way she gasped for every single breath of air in her last couple of days was too painful to watch.

For families and friends who are interested, I will roll the pictures and videos from here on.




With my Mauritius granduncle and grandaunts


The entire family.


Final Service


Encoffin


Service at Mandai Crematorium


Cremation - Goodbye Popo ='(

After the emotional cremation of Popo, we dropped by Dada's niche to let him know that Popo is already with him, and that her remains will be placed with him the following day.

We went back to Mandai the next day to collect the remains of Popo, and like Dada's time, each of us took a piece of Popo and placed it in the urn.




At the niche, Dada's urn was taken out to place Popo's in first. For easy identification, their names were written on their respective urns.



Sealed together, for eternity.


Rest in peace, Dada and Popo.

No comments:



call me tiger